Social Media Stats of 2014
Here is an interesting round up of social media stats from 2014, which have sourced from Digital Insights.
Some of the most interesting stats are:
- 75% of the engagement on a Facebook post happens in the first 5 hours.
- 53% of interaction between Google+ user and a brand is positive.
- 44% of users on Twitter have never sent a tweet!
- 84% of women and 50% of men stay active on Pinterest.
- More than 2 users sign-up for LinkedIn every second.
- 23% of teens consider Instagram as their favourite social network.
- Weekends are the most popular time to share Vines.
- Number of snaps sent per day on SnapChat is 400 Million.
- 40% of YouTube traffic comes from mobile.
- B2B marketers using blogs generate 67% more leads.
The info graphic shows a shift in the teenage users from platforms such as Facebook and Twitter more in favour of Instagram and Snapchat. Newer video sharing platforms such as Vine and the Facebook video auto-play may in the future steal a share of the video views from Youtube.